Ants are some of the pests whose presence you may notice in your home at different times. While they are small and seemingly harmless, they’re capable of destroying wood that could cost you a lot in repairs. That’s why you should exterminate them as soon as you become aware of their existence. Eastern Pine Pest & Wildlife offers ant control in North Reading MA. We get rid of household pests for our clients, leaving their homes free of any annoying invaders.
How to Identify an Ant Invasion
It might take long to realize that you have an ant infestation because they shelter in hidden places, such as wall crevices and cracks. You can, however, watch out for the following signs that may indicate an ant problem in your home:
- Stray Ants – If you keep seeing one or two ants in various places around your house, it’s proof that there’s a colony somewhere. It’s easy to think that the few ants you’re seeing are the only ones in your house, but it’s quite the contrary.
- Flying Ants – Flying ants found indoors are a sign that there’s a growing population of the insects which has been there for a while.
- Wood Shaving and Holes – If you begin noticing holes in your wooden furniture and wood-shaving dust beside them, it may indicate the presence of carpenter ants.
The different kinds of ants that can be present in your home include:
- Carpenter Ants – These ants love making tunnels in timber, especially damp ones.
- Sugar Ants – You can find sugar ants feasting on leftover foods and fallen crumbs.
Why Do Ants Invade Homes?
Ants can infest your house for a number of reasons including:
- In Search of Shelter – During the rainy season, it’s common to see ants indoors. That is because they flee their underground and above ground homes to avoid drowning and usually end up in houses.
- Looking for Food – The search for food can also bring ants into your residence. If they find something to eat, they release a scent that alerts others of the food source. This is why they can flood a place within no time.
How Can You Keep Ants Away from Your House?
You can keep ants from invading your home by:
- Cleaning Regularly – Moisture, dust, and food crumbs attract ants. Keep your home dry and clean any crumbs as soon as possible to avoid ants invading your home.
- Sealing Possible Entrances – Ants get into the house through holes in the foundation and cracks in the walls. It’s best to seal such openings to deny them entrance.
If you’re unable to control the ants in your house, seek help from professionals to address the problem. At Eastern Pine Pest & Wildlife, we use eco-friendly pest removal methods that pose no harm to you and your family.
Get Ant Infestation Under Control
At Eastern Pine Pest & Wildlife, we provide pest control services, including ant control in North Reading MA. We can get rid of ants and seal off your home to keep them from coming back.
Give us a call today on 781-334-8655 for a free estimate.